We Respect your Privacy Statement
To provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this practice is required to collect personal information from you. This information covers basic details such as your name, address and telephone number but it is also necessary for the dentist to obtain from you details regarding your general health and past medical or surgical events. Without this general health picture, the treating dentist is unable to plan your care properly. Naturally, some of this information is of a personal nature and some of it might be regarded as ‘sensitive’ and not the sort of information that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others. We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by the Australian Dental Association, we would like to assure you that:
- This information will only be used by the treating dentist to deliver you care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment without your consent except as provided under the legislation and where we consider you would have a reasonable expectation of us to provide such information.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. This access might be by inspection of your dental records at the time of appointment or by special access or copying of information at other times.
- There will be no charge made for requesting this information but there may be fees levied just to cover the costs associated with the processing of this request or the copying of information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure always that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Collection of Personal Information
Pure Dentistry collects personal information to manage the delivery and quality of dental and oral health services to our patients. It is generally not possible for us to provide services to our patients on an anonymous basis.
Personal information is collected when patients, the health care provider or the health care support team enter that information into our practice management system. This information may include:
- Name, address and contact details
- Date of birth
- Private health insurance details
- Employment and financial information
- Medical conditions and ongoing medical treatments
- Photos and radio-graphic images
- Any other relevant health and personal information
Security of Personal Information
We endeavor to protect all personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We may store personal information we hold in hard copy or as data stored in our practice management software. We endeavor to protect personal information that we hold from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. Information collected via our practice management software is transmitted by 128bit encryption using secure sockets layer: SSL technology. This means data can only be intercepted in its encrypted form. We retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide services associated with the health of our patients. Our website puredentistry.com.ay contains links to external websites owned or operated by others. External websites are not endorsed by us. Pure Dentistry is not responsible for the privacy practice of external websites linked from our website.
All staff sign a confidentiality agreement as part of their employment contract.
If you have any questions regarding the information, we collect from you and hold in your dental records, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are acting in your interests always.
Phone 07 3343 4869
Address: 11/1932-1974 Logan Road, Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122