Mini Dental Implants Brisbane
What Are Mini Dental Implants?
Missing teeth can create several inconveniences for the person, including oral health issues and feeling less confident to smile.
But gone are the days of embarrassment due to a broken smile!
Mini Implants Brisbane
Mini-dental implants refer to smaller-sized dental implants used to replace lost teeth for our Brisbane patients who cannot receive traditional dental implants.
A mini dental implant consists of a one-piece screw, half the size of the conventional dental implants, which is smaller than 3 mm in diameter.
While mini-implants are smaller than regular implants, they have the same structure and serve the same purpose: providing a solid anchor to firmly hold false teeth.
Standard dental implants and mini implants serve as artificial tooth roots.
Does a Smaller Tooth Implant Size Mean Less Pain?
The mini dental implant procedure is a less involved alternative to the conventional dental implant procedure.
Installing mini dental implants in Brisbane is a minimally invasive procedure and can be less painful than conventional implants considering their smaller diameter.
What Are the Benefits of Mini Implants?
Mini dental implants in Brisbane offer several benefits to patients who have lost at least one tooth but cannot consider full-sized implants to replace their lost or damaged teeth.
Affordable Brisbane Mini implant benefits
The benefits of our mini-implant procedure done at our implant clinic in Brisbane include:
- less invasive surgery
- less pain
- quicker procedure
- quicker recovery time
- suitable for replacing small teeth or patients with a smaller mouth
- good options for front tooth replacements
- no bone grafting surgery is involved
- do not require as much bone density (bone structure) as a conventional implant does
- helps the jaw maintain its size and shape
- prevents facial collapse because, like traditional implants, they are implanted into the jawbone
- cheap mini-dental implants are an alternative to a full-sized implant
- can be completed in one visit for most implant patients
- improves dental health by replacing missing natural teeth
- can secure loose existing dentures in place
Bone graft surgery is needed for patients who suffer from bone loss due to tooth loss.
Am I a Good Candidate For Mini Implants in Brisbane?
Brisbane mplant patients whose mouths have not developed fully yet (like children) are not suitable candidates for mini implants.
Your dentist may not recommend mini dental implants if you grind your teeth.
The dentist may not suggest a mini implant for molars because these teeth have to withstand the chewing job.
People with certain oral or overall health conditions like advanced gum disease, diabetes, severe bone loss, and bone disease may also not be considered good candidates to receive mini implants.
Our Brisbane dentist may not suggest mini implants if you deal with health conditions affecting bone or wound healing.
Mini dental implants may not be the best tooth replacement options if the person:
- has poor oral hygiene
- is receiving chemotherapy
Traditional Dental Implants Versus Mini Implants
Traditional dental implants in Brisbane require sufficient bone mass in the jaw. Therefore, patients lacking enough bone are not considered eligible for standard dental implants and must undergo bone graft surgery, which is a costly and rather painful procedure.
Recovery time after receiving standard dental implants can be around six months because the patient:
- may need bone grafts
- their gums require healing from the incision made to access the jaw bone
- their jaw requires healing from drilling and placing the implant post
However, patients recover faster from mini dental implant procedures than from conventional implants.
Receiving mini dental implants can cost less compared to conventional dental implant costs in Brisbane.
Replacing missing teeth with traditional dental implants requires more dental appointments than mini dental implants.
The patient can receive their new tooth immediately after the dentist inserts the mini implant post into their jawbone. That’s not the case with traditional dental implants, though, which generally you need to wait a couple of months so that your jaw and gums heal.
How to Take Care of Mini Dental Implants
Dental Care for Mini Implants
You can take care of your new dental implants as you keep your natural teeth clean and plaque-free.
You may be recommended to avoid sticky foods and very hard or crunchy food following the procedure. Soft foods like mashed potato, soup, or smoothies can be better options after the treatment.
The patient must brush their teeth twice daily and floss their teeth at least once a day. Preparing a soft-bristled toothbrush can ease the possible sensitivity after your dental treatment.
Please remember that regular dental checkups at our Brisbane dental clinic are necessary to ensure proper dental health, whether you have conventional implants or new mini dental implants.
How Long Do Mini Dental Implants Last?
Because mini dental implants have not been around for too long, there is not much research available, but generally, a mini dental implant can last for many years with proper care.
Because any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks, the treatment must be performed by an appropriately qualified dental professional to increase the success rate and lifespan of mini implants and decrease chances of complications.
How Are Mini Dental Implants Implanted in Brisbane?
- Our Brisbane dental implant specialist will first take x-rays to determine where a mini implant should be placed.
- Local anesthesia will be used to minimize pain during implant treatment.
- A small hole will be made in the patient’s jaw.
- The mini implant will be inserted into the hole. The mini implant will be put over the gum surface and not under the gums.
- Implant posts will be secured and tightened, and the replacement tooth will be attached to the post.
FYI: You won’t need sutures or stitches for mini dental implants.